Skip to main content

Valentine's special

its a love story
of two strange people
who never knew they could
fall for each other
when they first met
they only ended up fighting
but slowy it became clear to them
that they sure shared something

a small problem happened
when pride overtook him
he thought she was
less smarter than him
she would solve a puzzle
and he would solve it again
he would tell her
that she was simply
an idea away from him...
he said that he always gets this idea
and then he does all that she can
and probably much more...

one day she decided
his behaviour had to be checked
she thought for a while and
then she said...
fine, then you sure
can do everything
but if you are strictly more smart
you have to do the following
think of some puzzle
that you can easily do
and then give it to me
to solve and lets see if
i can't do....

all the king's men and
all the king's horses
could not come up
with a puzzle like this
the duo got closer and
the world around more curious

today as it stands
the puzzle is still not found
and hence the duo
lives happily close bound
they two are well known
as simply, inseparable
P is the queen and
NP the king of our fable...

Comments

Perseus said…
ooops ...
nice one!

one day such a puzzle will be found ... the forces of nature can hardly be opposed.

till then ... enjoy!
Nutan said…
thanks for stopping by and commenting....

yes, probably such a puzzle will be found....
Anonymous said…
Nice.

It may be that she is just lucky, Peano might not have set the right set of axioms !!.
Anonymous said…
An interesting article related to comment of the anonymous can be found here:

http://www.scottaaronson.com/papers/pnp.pdf
unpredictable said…
Nuts, i love ur blog, more than anything coz it speaks so much of the person uve become and i love that person even more than i loved her 6 -7 years back when we met,strange how our minds (if not lives) have moved in parallel and brought us to a common semi colon now, :) ... keep writing ..
Nutan said…
hey sudh, thanks for stopping by and reading the blog...more things in the mail, later...
Athena said…
Awesome!!
Found this while just looking around.
Can I reproduce this poem on my blog?(Offcourse With due credit to you and your blog)
Athena said…
Thanks for your permission. The post is here
Also, I really liked your lecture at IITB.
Nutan said…
Thanks Athena! Also thanks for attending my lecture at IITB. Did you attend the one on hats puzzles?

If you check this page again, I haven't been able to leave a comment on your blog. The word verification menu does not display the characters. Its stops at a "Loading..." screen.
Athena said…
Yes. I attended the one on the hats puzzle. (The others were sort of 'out of my league'.)
I am not sure on why you aren't able to leave a comment. Could be a temporary thing.

Popular posts from this blog

The "What next...?" demon

What next?.... When I was a kid, I always thought that there is a certain age till when this question will bother me and after that, like for my parents, things will be in order. Life will fall into a routine and I will never again be confronted with this demon called "what next?". But turns out, for our generation, there is no point of rest. The demon is a part of our life like stability was for the generation before us. This realisation is also stale by now. In fact, it has been more than a few years since I even resigned to this way of life. The time period between such a realisation and resignation was hard, I must confess. But not anymore! The confrontations with this demon are a reassurance of life itself! (feels embarrassed after having said such things....) My childish philosophies may be sounding hilarious to you (reader). (Thank me for the entertainment! You are welcome!) What I wish to announce is: for a while, I do have an answer to one such "what next...?...

Slumdog Millionaire, what's the fuss all about?

I saw the movie a few days ago. I really don't understand: why so much fuss? If an Indian director makes a fully filmy hindi movie, no one gives a damn about it. But some non-indian comes and makes this movie and people are going all ga ga about it. A.R. Rehman has given music better than "jai ho". Anil Kapur has done roles better than this. This movie has set new records in making a big deal out of a not-so-amazing movie. I say this because, even a huge fuss has been made about why there is so much fuss about this movie. That is like the second order fuss about the movie! And here, I am making the third order fuss with a huge lot accompanying me in doing so. To start the tirade-- The main guy is such a put off! He has a unique expression on his face, indicating he really has no clue what people are talking about. You are supposed to be poor, not dumb for god's sake! Even some of the witty lines are lost due to his dialog delivery. For example, when one police man say...