Skip to main content

Deceptively long blog

I have been recently told that my blog looks deceptively long. Only then I noticed that the way Blogspot sorts and saves blog entries is really meant for those who blog regularly. It makes monthly archives and even if one entry happens in a whole month that month appears in the archives. So now I should really consider expanding my blog before I hear another comment. This comment is the motivation to start blogging all over again.

Talking about the techniques for saving and sorting, I wish they applied to our brain. We experience things and we want some of them to be with us forever. We wish to remember all possible details. But the 'time' is an evil enemy of memory. It slowly goes on erasing out the details. To counter effects of 'time' we try to re-iterate things in our heads making sure, we still remember them. But time is much more powerful. So there we are, forgetting every moment we ever wanted to remember. What usually remain are empty archives just keeping some faint pointers to certain events.

20th March was the date when my niece was born few years back. I was really happy that day and I had felt that I will never forget this day. But I have already forgotten to wish my niece on her birthday this year. I don't trust my memory beyond this. In fact, my memory does much weird things. Sometimes it forgets because I don't wish to remember certain things. So it obediently takes commands for forgetting but never does it faithfully obey the command for remembering.

Brain in general confuses me and amuses me. The only time I regret not studying biology is when I feel so amused with human brain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slumdog Millionaire, what's the fuss all about?

I saw the movie a few days ago. I really don't understand: why so much fuss? If an Indian director makes a fully filmy hindi movie, no one gives a damn about it. But some non-indian comes and makes this movie and people are going all ga ga about it. A.R. Rehman has given music better than "jai ho". Anil Kapur has done roles better than this. This movie has set new records in making a big deal out of a not-so-amazing movie. I say this because, even a huge fuss has been made about why there is so much fuss about this movie. That is like the second order fuss about the movie! And here, I am making the third order fuss with a huge lot accompanying me in doing so. To start the tirade-- The main guy is such a put off! He has a unique expression on his face, indicating he really has no clue what people are talking about. You are supposed to be poor, not dumb for god's sake! Even some of the witty lines are lost due to his dialog delivery. For example, when one police man say...

The "What next...?" demon

What next?.... When I was a kid, I always thought that there is a certain age till when this question will bother me and after that, like for my parents, things will be in order. Life will fall into a routine and I will never again be confronted with this demon called "what next?". But turns out, for our generation, there is no point of rest. The demon is a part of our life like stability was for the generation before us. This realisation is also stale by now. In fact, it has been more than a few years since I even resigned to this way of life. The time period between such a realisation and resignation was hard, I must confess. But not anymore! The confrontations with this demon are a reassurance of life itself! (feels embarrassed after having said such things....) My childish philosophies may be sounding hilarious to you (reader). (Thank me for the entertainment! You are welcome!) What I wish to announce is: for a while, I do have an answer to one such "what next...?...

Valentine's special

its a love story of two strange people who never knew they could fall for each other when they first met they only ended up fighting but slowy it became clear to them that they sure shared something a small problem happened when pride overtook him he thought she was less smarter than him she would solve a puzzle and he would solve it again he would tell her that she was simply an idea away from him... he said that he always gets this idea and then he does all that she can and probably much more... one day she decided his behaviour had to be checked she thought for a while and then she said... fine, then you sure can do everything but if you are strictly more smart you have to do the following think of some puzzle that you can easily do and then give it to me to solve and lets see if i can't do.... all the king's men and all the king's horses could not come up with a puzzle like this the duo got closer and the world around more curious today as it stands the puzzle is still ...