I -a(the) big(gest) fan of Aamir Khan - watch each of the Aamir movie in the theatre since I have started getting pocket money/ some form of income. I remember the time when I was going to see Sarfarosh in the theatre and everybody had warned me against it being bad. And I was so thrilled to see Aamir in wonderfully made movie. Then I got bold, and decided to see even Mela on the big screen. Went for first day first show!!! And it was a great disaster. I can recollect clearly where, with whom all, when, how many times I went to see each of his movie on the big screen.
Ok before I get carried away, lets cut the scene there and cut to right now. Fine. When Fanaa released I was traveling from Bombay to Chennai. Oh ok, lets cut it even shorter. Great! I said here I come Aamir and went to Sathyam theatre to watch Fanaa. Snow Fall. Well, thats how the titles start coming on screen. Aamir Khan's name on screen. I started whistling. Not loud enough for Aamir to hear, but anyways. Well well, everything that happened after that, how should I say, I hoped it hadn't happened. If Aamir didn't look as handsome as he did in the second half, I would be compelled to ask my money back (And please note I am the biggest fan of Aamir so ...).
Its a typical Yashraj banner film. Where there are unnecessary emotional scenes, insensible poetic dialogues, the heroes and heroines all blessed with some ultra powerful sixth senses (like being able to detect a person with smells--umm in spite of the fact that the person detected is drunk and possibly smelling like alcohol). The crux of the story is that a blind girl falls in love with a tourist guide who is also a terrorist (can you beat that!! Who would have guessed!) Not only is he a terrorist but also the biggest of them. Almost the brain behind terrorism in the world!)
He executes his terrorist mission and runs away from the girl's life. The girl loses her "shauhar", but gets her eyes. (Win some lose some). Thats the first half. I wonder why they didn't show all this in 5 minutes. Then started the second half. Aamir in the indian army as captain Ranjeev, well still a terrorist but cheating one whole team by taking somebody else's name. Thats clever team. Kills the team when on a mission and runs away with indian army's most important device, fantastic. Aamir, didn't you hear the narration before accepting the role? Then gets badly injured in a chase (which was tried to be shot like in Hollywood films and fell flat on the face) and lies exactly in front of the girl's door. The girl has a child and his name is also same as her x"shauhar"'s name. Now the girl takes care of the injured chap and makes him fine, ofcourse. He suddenly decides to reveal his identity as her x-shauhar. 7-8 minutes of drama precedes her acceptance. (Maybe Kajol acted well, but it didn't matter. The script compensated for it.) But then unfortunate girl realises that her shauhar is a terrorist (that too through an amazing coincidence. Seemed like Prob[any object reaching kajol's house] = 1) and there comes the grand finale. She kills her husband.
Only good thing in the movie, apart from Aamir ofcourse, was voice of the singer Kailash. This man has come hard way. He used to earn money by singing at the railway stations. Go listen.
If you don't mind paying 100 rs and laugh for 3 hours (read as you have no better job and all reasons of joy and happiness in life seem to not exist) then go and watch it!
Ok before I get carried away, lets cut the scene there and cut to right now. Fine. When Fanaa released I was traveling from Bombay to Chennai. Oh ok, lets cut it even shorter. Great! I said here I come Aamir and went to Sathyam theatre to watch Fanaa. Snow Fall. Well, thats how the titles start coming on screen. Aamir Khan's name on screen. I started whistling. Not loud enough for Aamir to hear, but anyways. Well well, everything that happened after that, how should I say, I hoped it hadn't happened. If Aamir didn't look as handsome as he did in the second half, I would be compelled to ask my money back (And please note I am the biggest fan of Aamir so ...).
Its a typical Yashraj banner film. Where there are unnecessary emotional scenes, insensible poetic dialogues, the heroes and heroines all blessed with some ultra powerful sixth senses (like being able to detect a person with smells--umm in spite of the fact that the person detected is drunk and possibly smelling like alcohol). The crux of the story is that a blind girl falls in love with a tourist guide who is also a terrorist (can you beat that!! Who would have guessed!) Not only is he a terrorist but also the biggest of them. Almost the brain behind terrorism in the world!)
He executes his terrorist mission and runs away from the girl's life. The girl loses her "shauhar", but gets her eyes. (Win some lose some). Thats the first half. I wonder why they didn't show all this in 5 minutes. Then started the second half. Aamir in the indian army as captain Ranjeev, well still a terrorist but cheating one whole team by taking somebody else's name. Thats clever team. Kills the team when on a mission and runs away with indian army's most important device, fantastic. Aamir, didn't you hear the narration before accepting the role? Then gets badly injured in a chase (which was tried to be shot like in Hollywood films and fell flat on the face) and lies exactly in front of the girl's door. The girl has a child and his name is also same as her x"shauhar"'s name. Now the girl takes care of the injured chap and makes him fine, ofcourse. He suddenly decides to reveal his identity as her x-shauhar. 7-8 minutes of drama precedes her acceptance. (Maybe Kajol acted well, but it didn't matter. The script compensated for it.) But then unfortunate girl realises that her shauhar is a terrorist (that too through an amazing coincidence. Seemed like Prob[any object reaching kajol's house] = 1) and there comes the grand finale. She kills her husband.
Only good thing in the movie, apart from Aamir ofcourse, was voice of the singer Kailash. This man has come hard way. He used to earn money by singing at the railway stations. Go listen.
If you don't mind paying 100 rs and laugh for 3 hours (read as you have no better job and all reasons of joy and happiness in life seem to not exist) then go and watch it!
Comments