I have been asked by my friend to write about 10 things I judge about people. I can't promise 10. It may become more.... it may stop early for later additions, it may simply not start.... I might end up making another list of things.... So lets see....May be I'll try this.
1. I hate when people are boastful about the things they haven't hard earned. Unfortunately, I have known people who are proud about they being south indians, north indians, bramhins, women in research, all sorts of things!!! I mean, don't you guys get it that its just by mere chance you were born in the families that you were and the place you were, the sex that you were. All one can possibly feel is thankful and not boastful!!! If authors in your mother tongue are the best in the universe, well, it doesn't make you a good writer. Or if Tendulkar is your langotya yaar doesn't make you a world class batsman. So all you people with mis-spelled egos, why not have a good look into the mirror and be proud about the right things.
2. I hate when people use euphemisms and think that's diplomacy. That just makes them big phony people with hell lot kept within themselves to rot along with their already rotten heads. Sorry, but this really makes me very angry.
3. I judge people who are not good listeners. Of course, its a great pleasure to be around great listeners. And I have been pampered about this aspect. I am aware that, I can't expect everyone to be a great listeners. But it breaks my heart when I tell someone that I feel so and so and he/she goes ahead and assumes whatever he/she likes. A lame example I can think up is: if I say I feel happy and the other person says, but you sound sad!! I mean, whats the point of talking, damn it!!!
4. I judge people who show initial enthusiasm in any sort of activity, but when put active responsibility just back off. Either you simply don't put your feet into the muck with enthusiasm, or later don't go back saying oh, its so dirty!!!
5. I can not stand people who don't give their best to their supposed passion. In research, people claim that they are here because they love their area and are passionate about it. Those who don't say so, are excluded. But those who do and claim they do what they love, and after all that blah never put in enough work or can't even give a good lecture. All these guys are at the receiving end of a smirk!!! (in fact, if I talk to those people, then I even make sure I express how I feel.)
6. I judge people who don't make an eye contact, or make very less eye contact. This happens only in the initial phase of an interaction and fades away as I know the person better. This thing has no great justification. But it really matters to me that people (whom I don't know enough) make good eye contact when they speak to me.
Ok fine! This is my incomplete list of things that I judge in people. Feels good to actually write it down. :D...
1. I hate when people are boastful about the things they haven't hard earned. Unfortunately, I have known people who are proud about they being south indians, north indians, bramhins, women in research, all sorts of things!!! I mean, don't you guys get it that its just by mere chance you were born in the families that you were and the place you were, the sex that you were. All one can possibly feel is thankful and not boastful!!! If authors in your mother tongue are the best in the universe, well, it doesn't make you a good writer. Or if Tendulkar is your langotya yaar doesn't make you a world class batsman. So all you people with mis-spelled egos, why not have a good look into the mirror and be proud about the right things.
2. I hate when people use euphemisms and think that's diplomacy. That just makes them big phony people with hell lot kept within themselves to rot along with their already rotten heads. Sorry, but this really makes me very angry.
3. I judge people who are not good listeners. Of course, its a great pleasure to be around great listeners. And I have been pampered about this aspect. I am aware that, I can't expect everyone to be a great listeners. But it breaks my heart when I tell someone that I feel so and so and he/she goes ahead and assumes whatever he/she likes. A lame example I can think up is: if I say I feel happy and the other person says, but you sound sad!! I mean, whats the point of talking, damn it!!!
4. I judge people who show initial enthusiasm in any sort of activity, but when put active responsibility just back off. Either you simply don't put your feet into the muck with enthusiasm, or later don't go back saying oh, its so dirty!!!
5. I can not stand people who don't give their best to their supposed passion. In research, people claim that they are here because they love their area and are passionate about it. Those who don't say so, are excluded. But those who do and claim they do what they love, and after all that blah never put in enough work or can't even give a good lecture. All these guys are at the receiving end of a smirk!!! (in fact, if I talk to those people, then I even make sure I express how I feel.)
6. I judge people who don't make an eye contact, or make very less eye contact. This happens only in the initial phase of an interaction and fades away as I know the person better. This thing has no great justification. But it really matters to me that people (whom I don't know enough) make good eye contact when they speak to me.
Ok fine! This is my incomplete list of things that I judge in people. Feels good to actually write it down. :D...
Comments
by the way, forgot to add another kind of people whom I judge: people who put anonymous comments
Vent out all that hot air :)