Sitting in the room, with table all scattered with books and papers that I use to refuse to organise. Trying to study something in there. (I used to be a big time padakhu). Aai would walk in once in a while. Talk to me. She loves talking and I absolutely love listening to her. Its been 4 years since this or something like this has happened. Its strange to miss it suddenly one fine day! But I am. I want to be back home again and want to sit near my scattered desk. Want aai to drop in once in a while to give me nice breaks and breathers. If its a holiday then want baba to come and chit chat. Baba used to sit with me with his news paper. If I was at home today he would be talking about Gujarat elections. Aai would be complaining about how every news channel is hopelessly covering same thing 24x7. Shyaa!!! Its been really too long since I left home. Nostalgia!
What next?.... When I was a kid, I always thought that there is a certain age till when this question will bother me and after that, like for my parents, things will be in order. Life will fall into a routine and I will never again be confronted with this demon called "what next?". But turns out, for our generation, there is no point of rest. The demon is a part of our life like stability was for the generation before us. This realisation is also stale by now. In fact, it has been more than a few years since I even resigned to this way of life. The time period between such a realisation and resignation was hard, I must confess. But not anymore! The confrontations with this demon are a reassurance of life itself! (feels embarrassed after having said such things....) My childish philosophies may be sounding hilarious to you (reader). (Thank me for the entertainment! You are welcome!) What I wish to announce is: for a while, I do have an answer to one such "what next...?...
Comments