Skip to main content

TZP

Oh no, this isn't about another complexity class. (However, this name sounds cool for a complexity class doesn't it?)

So this is a movie review for Taare Zameen Par.

The movie tells a story of a dyslexic kid, Ishan. Insensitivity, either intended or unintended, towards him turns him into an unyielding and introvert kid. Parents lose patience and put him in a boarding school away from them. Ishaan finds it extremely difficult to stay away from his mother to whom he is very attached and also has another set of problems adjusting and coping with the studies at the boarding school. This causes a huge set back for Ishaan. On the verge of complete collapse, a new art teacher enters in his life. He not only detects dyslexia in Ishan but also is able to relate to him. He gains the kid's confidence and in a while they start communicating. Ishaan's communications with the teacher turn out to be extremely enhancing and rich. They help Ishaan to cope and fight his problems and to bring out the best of him. Thats the story.

Now the art critics and people sitting to write down goofs will find many in this movie. I agree this isn't like the perfect movie made ever. But it conveyed what it wanted to. An issue so deeply related to the current Indian mentality and sufferings of a kid was handled with extreme care and sensitively. (without coloring things black and white but still making a point)The camera work at places was superb. I personally liked the usage of animations. All the lead performances were almost flawless. Light moments and funny remarks were very well timed and nicely spaced in the movie. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy rule!!! Seriously. I loved the Kholo-kholo Darwaaje the most. It is the most positive song of the movie, has lovely beats and guitaring.


It takes a huge toll when I try to be objective about aamir khan (Ghar ki baat hai bhai!) He did a great job as a director. BUT.....Following are some flaws for which solely director is responsible. Like some kids and some teachers over acted royally. Aamir's entry in the dress of a clown was spurious! One dialogue between Aamir and his friend about showing mirror was so so badly written. I am talking about the "tumne shisha dekhna chahiye" dialogue. Too unnatural for two friends to have such a conversation I feel.

But come on, all these are minor complaints. The overall feel of the movie lets you forgive all this and simply gives you a message to take back and some wet tissues. I am betting Rs 5/- full. If you don't cry in the song Maa you win else I get Rs 5/-! Go watch it and try to win the bet....!!!



I

Comments

Piscean Angel said…
Oh yeah... I loved that movie too. And yeah, I wud lose that bet too. :-)
Piscean Angel said…
Just a thought : If I was dyslexic, wud I be able to write that "word verification" thing correctly ???

Popular posts from this blog

The "What next...?" demon

What next?.... When I was a kid, I always thought that there is a certain age till when this question will bother me and after that, like for my parents, things will be in order. Life will fall into a routine and I will never again be confronted with this demon called "what next?". But turns out, for our generation, there is no point of rest. The demon is a part of our life like stability was for the generation before us. This realisation is also stale by now. In fact, it has been more than a few years since I even resigned to this way of life. The time period between such a realisation and resignation was hard, I must confess. But not anymore! The confrontations with this demon are a reassurance of life itself! (feels embarrassed after having said such things....) My childish philosophies may be sounding hilarious to you (reader). (Thank me for the entertainment! You are welcome!) What I wish to announce is: for a while, I do have an answer to one such "what next...?...

Slumdog Millionaire, what's the fuss all about?

I saw the movie a few days ago. I really don't understand: why so much fuss? If an Indian director makes a fully filmy hindi movie, no one gives a damn about it. But some non-indian comes and makes this movie and people are going all ga ga about it. A.R. Rehman has given music better than "jai ho". Anil Kapur has done roles better than this. This movie has set new records in making a big deal out of a not-so-amazing movie. I say this because, even a huge fuss has been made about why there is so much fuss about this movie. That is like the second order fuss about the movie! And here, I am making the third order fuss with a huge lot accompanying me in doing so. To start the tirade-- The main guy is such a put off! He has a unique expression on his face, indicating he really has no clue what people are talking about. You are supposed to be poor, not dumb for god's sake! Even some of the witty lines are lost due to his dialog delivery. For example, when one police man say...

Valentine's special

its a love story of two strange people who never knew they could fall for each other when they first met they only ended up fighting but slowy it became clear to them that they sure shared something a small problem happened when pride overtook him he thought she was less smarter than him she would solve a puzzle and he would solve it again he would tell her that she was simply an idea away from him... he said that he always gets this idea and then he does all that she can and probably much more... one day she decided his behaviour had to be checked she thought for a while and then she said... fine, then you sure can do everything but if you are strictly more smart you have to do the following think of some puzzle that you can easily do and then give it to me to solve and lets see if i can't do.... all the king's men and all the king's horses could not come up with a puzzle like this the duo got closer and the world around more curious today as it stands the puzzle is still ...