Skip to main content

Facepalm

Starting with a few basic sounds and symbols, developing many beautiful languages, literature, poetry and now back to abrupt shortening of long words and emoticons, man seems to have come a full circle!  Recently I came across a very interesting emoticon, called Facepalm. It has been described as follows:
The gesture is found in many cultures as a display of frustration, disappointment, embarrassment, shock, or surprise. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facepalm)


Here are some of my epic facepalm-worthy experiences:

I treated some of my students to chai and samosas, and finally forgot to pay for it! (Turned out they paid!) *face-palm*

Got locked outside my office with both the office keys inside! *face-palm*

Called up a friend on her birthday, talked about this that and the other thing but forgot to wish her.

Booked wrong air tickets. Realised immediately after making the payment.

Forgot my laptop in a local train in Mumbai.

Went for a class (to teach) one day early!

Forgot to put my phone on the silent mode during a talk and Vodafone called!

Went for a wedding of some relative, an elderly man asked me whether I recognised him, I boldly said "no" to avoid subsequent embarrassments and turned out he was the father of my cousin, the bride!

Finished my class, walked out, was talking to some students outside the class for a couple of minutes. The next lecturer came to tell me that I forgot to hand the mic over to him and that it was still ON.

Sent a message to one of my close friends named P congratulating her in reply to her email declaring her plans to get married. Got a reply from a student saying "Hi, you may have meant to send this email to some other 'P'. I am already married!"

The sad thing about all this is, I could go on!





Comments

unpredictable said…
OMG OMG! You have such a fun life! This is awesome to read :)
Nutan said…
He he :). :p.. saw your comment, and went and read all your new updates... so happy to hear about your new life in the US... keep it up, babes! more comments on your blog...
Anonymous said…
One of my direct reports sent me an email. The email was addressed to his wife saying that I (his manager) was not approving his vacation. Actually he hadn't even applied for a leave and just fooling his wife. Accidentally he sent it to me instead of his wife :)

~anonymous
Nutan said…
Haha! Did you tell him that he made a mistake? Or even better -- reply to his email saying that you approve his leave? :)
Surficle said…
ha ha !! i can't stop my laugh!!


Surficle

Popular posts from this blog

Slumdog Millionaire, what's the fuss all about?

I saw the movie a few days ago. I really don't understand: why so much fuss? If an Indian director makes a fully filmy hindi movie, no one gives a damn about it. But some non-indian comes and makes this movie and people are going all ga ga about it. A.R. Rehman has given music better than "jai ho". Anil Kapur has done roles better than this. This movie has set new records in making a big deal out of a not-so-amazing movie. I say this because, even a huge fuss has been made about why there is so much fuss about this movie. That is like the second order fuss about the movie! And here, I am making the third order fuss with a huge lot accompanying me in doing so. To start the tirade-- The main guy is such a put off! He has a unique expression on his face, indicating he really has no clue what people are talking about. You are supposed to be poor, not dumb for god's sake! Even some of the witty lines are lost due to his dialog delivery. For example, when one police man say...

The "What next...?" demon

What next?.... When I was a kid, I always thought that there is a certain age till when this question will bother me and after that, like for my parents, things will be in order. Life will fall into a routine and I will never again be confronted with this demon called "what next?". But turns out, for our generation, there is no point of rest. The demon is a part of our life like stability was for the generation before us. This realisation is also stale by now. In fact, it has been more than a few years since I even resigned to this way of life. The time period between such a realisation and resignation was hard, I must confess. But not anymore! The confrontations with this demon are a reassurance of life itself! (feels embarrassed after having said such things....) My childish philosophies may be sounding hilarious to you (reader). (Thank me for the entertainment! You are welcome!) What I wish to announce is: for a while, I do have an answer to one such "what next...?...

Valentine's special

its a love story of two strange people who never knew they could fall for each other when they first met they only ended up fighting but slowy it became clear to them that they sure shared something a small problem happened when pride overtook him he thought she was less smarter than him she would solve a puzzle and he would solve it again he would tell her that she was simply an idea away from him... he said that he always gets this idea and then he does all that she can and probably much more... one day she decided his behaviour had to be checked she thought for a while and then she said... fine, then you sure can do everything but if you are strictly more smart you have to do the following think of some puzzle that you can easily do and then give it to me to solve and lets see if i can't do.... all the king's men and all the king's horses could not come up with a puzzle like this the duo got closer and the world around more curious today as it stands the puzzle is still ...