A friend of mine recently told me that the new hottie on the Bollywood block is Fawab Khan and seeing him makes her go weak in her knees! But that's not what I am talking about. What I really wish to talk about is far less juicy. It is about my weak knees! Literally.
It all started 10 months ago. I was on one of my usual runs. As usual I was struggling to keep up a good rhythm, as usual I was cursing myself for having decided to run on a calm, laid-back Sunday evening, as usual I was telling myself that the struggle in your run which seems unending will end soon and you will feel happy for having dragged your lazy ass out of the house for a good evening run. Well, so there was that run. And then may be during that run or may be in some other subsequent run or at some other point of time, or in my sleep or god knows when I started feeling pain in my right knee. "This isn't real pain" was my first reaction. So for another two months I kept doing my occasional runs. But when the pain didn't go away, I know you are laughing at me for having thought that it will, I started Googling all about knee pains.
So then started ice packs, rest, knee exercises, ice packs, rest, knee exercises, ice packs.... I guess you get the drift. And then finally sometime in April I went to a doctor. He prescribed some more exercises and some pain killers. I promptly trashed the meds and tried the exercises on and off. Stopped all runs TOTALLY! It's been 8 months since I ran! Sob sob sob.
Moving on. The semester started and life got busy and though there was pain in my knee I kept ignoring it. And then on one not-so-fine day my second knee started aching when I kept it in a half lotus position (folded over the other thigh). And now that pain persists. And finally, the final straw. I have got an all new heel pain! Phew. At the moment I am a pucca broken piece!
So what am I doing about all this? Well, apart from cribbing endlessly and going on and on and on about how it is unfair that at the age of 32 I get such pains and aches, I have gotten a few tests done and I am going to see a specialist in the coming week. The runs have been replaced by walks and at-home low impact workouts such as http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Low-Impact-Cardio-and-Total-Body-Toning-Workout/fh/, http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Calorie-Blasting-Low-Impact-Cardio-Boot-Camp-33-Minute-Recovery-Cardio-Workout/fa/.
Anyway, to take the knee pain in my stride I just wish to have a good stride!
It all started 10 months ago. I was on one of my usual runs. As usual I was struggling to keep up a good rhythm, as usual I was cursing myself for having decided to run on a calm, laid-back Sunday evening, as usual I was telling myself that the struggle in your run which seems unending will end soon and you will feel happy for having dragged your lazy ass out of the house for a good evening run. Well, so there was that run. And then may be during that run or may be in some other subsequent run or at some other point of time, or in my sleep or god knows when I started feeling pain in my right knee. "This isn't real pain" was my first reaction. So for another two months I kept doing my occasional runs. But when the pain didn't go away, I know you are laughing at me for having thought that it will, I started Googling all about knee pains.
So then started ice packs, rest, knee exercises, ice packs, rest, knee exercises, ice packs.... I guess you get the drift. And then finally sometime in April I went to a doctor. He prescribed some more exercises and some pain killers. I promptly trashed the meds and tried the exercises on and off. Stopped all runs TOTALLY! It's been 8 months since I ran! Sob sob sob.
Moving on. The semester started and life got busy and though there was pain in my knee I kept ignoring it. And then on one not-so-fine day my second knee started aching when I kept it in a half lotus position (folded over the other thigh). And now that pain persists. And finally, the final straw. I have got an all new heel pain! Phew. At the moment I am a pucca broken piece!
So what am I doing about all this? Well, apart from cribbing endlessly and going on and on and on about how it is unfair that at the age of 32 I get such pains and aches, I have gotten a few tests done and I am going to see a specialist in the coming week. The runs have been replaced by walks and at-home low impact workouts such as http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Low-Impact-Cardio-and-Total-Body-Toning-Workout/fh/, http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Calorie-Blasting-Low-Impact-Cardio-Boot-Camp-33-Minute-Recovery-Cardio-Workout/fa/.
Anyway, to take the knee pain in my stride I just wish to have a good stride!
Comments